Leading safely is an inspirational high level training course introduced in December 2015 by IOSH. The course is aimed at anyone with leadership responsibilities – CEOs, MDs, Senior Managers, Directors and Executives in a wide range of companies, large or small, in any sector. The course will demonstrate how effective safety and health management will create real and lasting business benefits.
How long is it?
Pre course diagnostic and a optional elearning module to be completed prior to the course followed by a 4 hour class room based session.
Following attendance on the course you will:-
• Recognise the importance and value of successful safety and health performance achieved through strategic safety and health management and its integration into business management systems
• Understand the safety and health role and responsibilities of people in leadership positions
• Understand the consequences for leaders, and their organisations, of failing to manage safety and health effectively
• Plan the overall direction for safety and health in an organisation by developing and implementing a policy, with performance improvement as the objective
• Understand the importance of adequately resourcing a safety and health management system
• Understand the importance of monitoring and reviewing safety and health performance to determine the effectiveness of a safety and health management system
Is there a test?
There is no formal assessment for this course. Delegates are required to submit an action plan whereby they pledge to improve specific areas within their business following the course.
Delegates completing the course will receive:-
• An app (via an app store – iOS from Apple or Android from Google Play) to access their diagnostic tool/action planner
• Access to a safety leadership community with targeted news items and notifications from IOSH including discussions on themes in safety leadership
• Useful links about safety leadership from the Health and Safety Executive and Institute of Directors
• An IOSH accredited Leading safety certificate