How long is it?
2 consecutive days
This course follows on from the Health and Safety Awareness course and focuses on the moral and legal obligations of a supervisor to monitor the safety practices of operatives as part of their role. It also prepares delegates for the 5 day SMSTS and/or the Supervisor Specialist Skills
To enable first line managers or those about to acquire supervisory positions such as team leaders, foremen, gangers and supervisor to understand their obligations. To ensure delegates have an understanding of:
• Management of health and safety on site in accordance with current legal provisions
• Explain the delegates' moral and legal responsibilities
• Give guidance in the monitoring of safety practices of groups of operatives.
• The context of their management or supervisory role
• Develop an understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site health, safety and welfare
• Recognise a safe site is efficient, economical and productive.
Is there a test?
Ongoing evaluation and multiple choice test papers