Please Note: Delegates must supply their own harness, lanyards and connectors for inspection.
How long is it?
To enable delegates to meet the criteria for working on a B&Q roof.
On completion of the course, delegates will have knowledge and understanding of:
• Safe working practices, including risks encountered and systems of work to control them
• The need for safety, as well as the legislation and dangers associated with working at height
• The level of competence required when working on roofs
• How to safely and correctly use access equipment, harnesses and PPE.
We look at
• The Work at Height Regulations and associated legislation, as well as Approved Codes of Practice and Guidance
• The selection of the correct work/access equipment and restraint systems
• Identifying ways of preventing falls from height and the requirements of visual inspections of equipment to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose
• The requirements and development of safe systems of work for roof work, including risk assessments, method statements and permits-to-work.
Is there a test?
Multiple choice examination papers inspection of equipment